The company was set up in Neaufles Saint Martin (Eure) in 1864, under the name of "Ets Foin" by Edmond Foin and Alfred Jorelle, surrounded by journeymen wood turners.
In 1936, the company moved to Bézu Saint Eloi in a former wheat mill. It then made chess and draughts pieces, croquet and 'frog' croquet sets. In 1975, the workshop was set up in its current premises and in 1997 Jean François Jorelle took over as Manager, assisted by a joiner who completed his apprenticeship under journeymen. Jean-François, a former pupil of l’école Boulle, represents the 5th family generation at the head of the company and the 10th generation of woodworkers since Gédéon Jorelle, master cooper, born in 1695.